What can a breed club do for you?
Did you know, there are many benefits and bonuses both for you and to your dogs that come with breed club membership. W.O.L.F. membership is not just for Lupine Dog breeders – it’s a club for owners and Lupine Dog enthusiasts too.
When you support a breed club, you are also supporting the breed – from providing resources when animals are in need (including yours, should you ever need the help), to supporting their ethical breeding and development, to interacting with the public and even authorities in positive public relations engagement. You are helping those animals gain recognition and official status in the canine community and assisting to solidify and justify the rights of responsible owners. You are showing support for ethical breeders who respect their dogs, in the fight against puppy farms/mills and backyard breeders.
On an individual level, breed clubs also offer their members a wide array of support services and products. These include:
• Direct access to experts in a range of disciplines, such as wellness, training and behaviour; health and diet; welfare; housing and containment
• Sense of community with your peers created through events, gatherings, and social media platforms
• Access to a pedigree database to register pups if you do breed, along with a universal system for easily identifying the genetic and health testing requirements for your intended matches.
• Discounts on a range of products and services exclusive to club members (eg, embark DNA testing discount and bespoke canine products)
• Increased opportunities to make contacts for collaborative breeding and finding the right breeder and puppy to meet your expectations and lifestyle
• Stable platform and assistance in advertising your pups to a quality market and working with other breeders for ideal placements
• Support network of like minded people and further initiatives for breeders to assist new puppy owners
• Opportunities to take part in evaluation programmes such as our ‘Long-life’ health survey – with the goal of increasing Lupine Dog longevity; and W.O.L.F.’s Canine Companion Test – aimed at taking a fun approach to basic training and responsible ownership.
• Opportunities for members to take an active role in the development and management of the club
• Fun gifts and merchandise to show you’re one of the team
• Discounts on our regional and online fun shows and competitions
Can anyone join? Yes! Membership is open to wolfdog owners, breeders and enthusiast who agree to uphold W.O.L.F.’s Code of Ethics.