The World of Lupines Foundation (W.O.L.F.) is pleased to announce the opening of its North American chapter.
W.O.L.F. is an international educational and support network for wolfdog owners, supporters, and breeders around the world and runs a global registration service for ethically produced Lupine Dogs. W.O.L.F. has regional chapters in the United Kingdom, Continental Europe, and North America. Each chapter has a representative on the board of directors who serves as the liaison between chapter membership and the board.
W.O.L.F. offers two classifications of membership. Our breeder membership is available to breeders who are motivated to produce ethically-bred wolfdogs and committed to upholding W.O.L.F.’s high standards in health, confirmation, and disposition. General membership is available to wolfdog owners and enthusiasts. You do not have to own a Lupine Dog or wolfdog to join the foundation, but all members must abide by W.O.L.F.’s Code of Ethics and Constitution.
There are a variety of advantages and benefits in joining the organization, such as:
- W.O.L.F. has assembled an advisory team of highly-skilled specialists, each with more than 30 years of experience in their respective fields, to consult with the foundation’s members. The advisory team consists of our wellness advisor, breeding specialist, containment and housing advisor, and behavioral specialist. These individuals are available to provided one-on-one help and guidance to all W.O.L.F. members.
- Through our partnership with Embark Veterinary, WOLF members receive a discount code for $50 off Embark DNA testing.
- Members are given full access to the password protected ‘members only’ pages of our website. Here, you will find in-depth educational resources covering various aspects of wolfdog ownership, including breeding, genetics, behavior, and training. These pages will also feature webinars seminars, and how-to videos (area currently offline for maintenance).
- Dark Forest Kennels and Designs offers members $50 off custom designed, heavy-duty transport and indoor crates – made to fit any vehicle, room, animal, and budget. Free shipping is available within the Continental US on other merchandise, such as collars and leashes.
- Our overseas partnering retailers also provide members with discounts on canine equipment, accessories, collars and leads, grooming supplies, and more.
- Discounts on all W.O.L.F. merchandise, events and shows.
In addition to the above, W.O.L.F. registered breeders are afforded opportunities to:
- Network with other W.O.L.F. breeders to ensure genetic diversity and the ability to select optimal pairings in order to meet the Lupine Dog breed standard.
- Access to W.O.L.F.’s behavioral evaluation and classification system
- Participate in our mentorship program for new breeders. This program aligns a new breeder with an experienced breeder for advice and guidance on selection of breeding stock and learning about the lines; health testing protocols; mating and whelping; feeding and nutrition; healthcare for mom and puppies; early socialization; properly prepared contracts; puppy placement and on-going support with adopters. The program concludes after the second successful litter from the new breeder. Additional information about this program will be available through the “members only” section of our website.
To become a member W.O.L.F., complete the membership application on our website. Once your application has been processed, we will contact you by email and provide your membership registration number and certificate, discount merchandise codes with our partnering organizations, and additional information on accessing members-only resources and opportunities. Upon receipt of this email, breeders may begin the application process for Lupine Dog registration. You will find step-by-step instructions in the breeder’s section of our website and Foundation Dog Application.
Note: Membership dues are used by the foundation to support wolfdog educational initiatives through events, seminars, and dog shows sponsored by W.O.L.F.; educate the general public about wolfdogs; supply members with comprehensive information and resources; maintain a global registry; and advance the interests and well-being of the Lupine Dog.
In the United States, certain states and municipalities restrict or disallow the ownership of wolfdogs. Therefore, it is imperative that you check your laws prior to bringing one of these canines into your home. It is important to note that while there may not be ownership restrictions on the state level, counties and cities are often granted the right to implement their own legal requirements and should be included in your research.
You can find this information by going to your state and county/city government websites. You can also contact these government offices directly, however we advise that you request citations to the specific legal codes for your records. To receive the most accurate up-to-date information, please refer directly to government website(s) and not websites created by third parties.